Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Qiro, a mobile find service

Deutsche Telekom has just launched Qiro, a mobile location-based find service for points of interest as well as other persons (such as nearby buddies). Sounds like Google Maps on a mobile device plus location-based support. Too bad my mobile device is not supported yet so I cannot download the Qiro client to test this out. But from what I can see & read, this sounds like an opener for more advanced mobile services employing personalization. In fact I'd say that personalization based on other parameters (such as fields of interest and time) is a must when considering use of mobile services in order not to get lost in heaps of non-personalized information. I am definitely anxious to test out this innovative service as soon as possible.

Update: An interview about Qiro (in German)

No comments: